Friday, February 8, 2008

Squids at Fusion 9, Hyderabad

Call me gross if you want to, but I wanted to have them live. Sometime back I saw this video where I saw some Japanese gourmets hogging on live squids. It seemed gruesome then, but today, at Fusion 9, when the waiter suggested "squids" - that video was all I remembered and live octopusiac squids are all I wanted to have.

Don hates seafood. He would have eaten it otherwise, but for the smell. So I had to devour one whole plate of "Calamari" (thats what they seem to call squids out there) alone. The first few chomps felt ambrosial (every exotic thing tastes thus, except for totally infernal flavours), but by the end of it - I felt I would throw it all up. I actually wondered if it is medically incorrect to hog on squids.

Squids are no-fibre soft meat. The taste was reminiscient of prawns. The one I tried at Fusion 9 was an appetizer, that seemingly teamed well with the sula. Love it, you will, if you nibble a little and savour the delicacy!

I am planning to do the Restaurant Review for Fusion 9 tomorrow (all for my job)!

1 comment:

Naimesh said...

hey.. have heard a lot bout Fusion 9 with 9 cuisines and all, planning to throw a party there this evening, i hope it's as good as everyone says...