Monday, March 26, 2007

Restaurant Review: Le Bros (Munirka, Delhi)

Go there for: Chinese (once again), Momos (especially pork momos)
Location: Near Munirka Market, ask anybody for Anupam Restaurant. Take the lane next to it and turn right. A little further (1min) you will see the Sign-board on the left.

For the Pork-Momo Starved South Delhi'ites

Those living in South Delhi will know what I mean. I personally do not like the pork momos at Chanakya Puri and Dilli Haat and 'Le Bros' was a pleasant discovery (rather Ashmita's discovery).

My North-East bretherns will know what I mean when I say - 'I love Momos..Pork Momos'. And if you don't get the punch, its not worth reading further. The only momo's I ever loved are those in North-Campus - Momo's Point (the legendary) and Noodles - are my favorites still. And migrating to South Delhi, this momo-craving (good one's) was one of the many things that troubled my SOUL (the foodie that I am!). One day, it felt too compelling and Ashmita suggested a remedy - Le Bros.

USP: Excellent Pork Momo (needless to mention), Pork / Chicken Chowmein/Fried Rice and the othe regular Pork Preparations. No, I am not sure whether they serve the bamboo-shoot Naga-style thing. For that, I still head to Dilli Haat and am quiet happy (still) with the food (Nagaland Stall).

Pork Bytes -- Did you know?:
Buddha died of eating pork! Not don't get ready to boomerang, I just read it. The scholar Nagasena (2nd century BC) claims that Buddha's favorite food was - "tender boar's flesh and rice porridge boiled in milk". And a literal reading of the scriptures would seem to indicate that he actually died of eating rotten pork. --- Outlook Traveller - Heritage Holidays (North & Central India).

-- By Needarshana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, interesting post! i have been putting some effort to develop this website - www.foodlet.in

it has the menus and phone numbers of all major restaurants in NCR region (increasing day by day).

make sure you check it out. would love to get some feedback!

Ann Dee said...

good site...just checked it